Interview with Sugared Beauty

Organic beauty products are all the rage right now...but what sets Sugared Beauty apart from the rest? First off, I love that the owner Sarah handmakes all the products, and secondly, she makes them smell like your favorite desserts! YUM!!! And know what is very cool? I found out that Sarah lives like 20 minutes from me! We were going to get together to do this interview, but sadly our busy schedules didn't allow this to happen. I do hope to meet up with you soon Sarah! :-)


Snapshot Fashion: How did Sugared Beauty come to life?
Sugared Beauty: Sugared Beauty’s inception came during a major career crisis. In 2008, my husband and I had these nifty performing jobs in the Pacific Northwest. But just a few months after we started the jobs, the company tanked. We were sent home with a plane ticket in one hand and a pink slip in the other. The decision to start Sugared Beauty came from two things: my love for organic beauty products and the fact that after losing my job, I could no longer afford them. I began experimenting with some organic ingredients in my kitchen and soon I had a sugar scrub recipe that rivaled any other I’d tried. I started sharing it with friends and family, and before long we decided to take a leap of faith and start a business surrounding that product. Voila! Sugared Beauty breathed into life.

Snapshot Fashion: What inspires the products you create?
Sugared Beauty: The inspiration for my products comes from the kitchen. One day early on, I was elbow-deep in organic sugar and I realized that I was creating food for my skin. That lead to the idea of desserts, and from there I started imagining all these sweet treats that you could use all over your body! What’s funny, is that I don’t have a sweet tooth at all! Still, one of my favorite sugar scrubs is Chocolate Cake! It’s calorie free, which makes it even better!

Snapshot Fashion: What makes Sugared Beauty different from all the other beauty products out there?
Sugared Beauty: The Sugared Beauty difference is that my products have a fun dessert theme, are reasonably priced, and are made fresh to order. Organic ingredients have a shorter shelf life than synthetic ones, and I refuse to load my products with preservatives to increase their shelf life. I can side-step that by simply making them fresh when they’re ordered. I love knowing that each customer gets their product made especially for them!

Snapshot Fashion: What is your favorite Sugared Beauty product to use?
Sugared Beauty: Hands down, my favorite product to use is Happy Face foaming scrub cleanser. I love multi-taskers, and this product exfoliates, cleanses and moisturizes all at once. Plus, the coconut oil soap I use in it has an awesome suds factor! I love to use it as a mask, and it literally erases my smile lines. My latest thing is to use Happy Face, and then smooth some of my Cocoa Butter Lotion bar around my eyes. I’m noticing a major improvement with those pesky crows feet!

Snapshot Fashion: What is the best beauty advice anyone has ever given you?
Sugared Beauty: The best beauty advice came from my mom when I was 17. She told me how important it was to take care of my skin from the inside as well as the outside. Beauty products make a huge difference, but good nutrition, staying hydrated and not smoking all play a part in keeping my skin in great shape. That’s why I love organic coconut oil. I use it in almost every Sugared Beauty product, but I also cook with it all the time. It’s starting to get a lot of attention as a nutritious food that can actually improve your skin from the inside out!


Be sure to visit Sugared Beauty today!!! Also be sure to check out Sugared Beaty's blogFacebook, Etsy, and Twitter (@SugaredBeauty) pages.